When summer’s heat calls for a light and refreshing dessert, this Creamy Lemon Pie is the answer. With its luscious lemon flavor and unique almond graham cracker crust, this pie is a delightful twist on traditional citrus desserts. Made with just 7 simple ingredients, it’s a testament to the beauty of simplicity in baking. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or trying your hand at pie-making for the first time, this recipe is sure to impress.
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Lemon Pie
- Effortless Elegance: With only 7 ingredients and no mixer required, this pie is as easy to make as it is elegant.
- Refreshing Lemon Flavor: Similar to lemon crinkle cookies, the filling is tangy and smooth, striking the perfect balance with the sweet crust.
- Toasty Almond Crust: A delightful variation of the classic graham cracker crust, the addition of almonds adds a depth of flavor and a hint of saltiness.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- For the Crust: Graham crackers, whole salty almonds, sugar, and butter.
- For the Filling: Sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and fresh lemon juice.
- Toppings: Whipped cream, almonds, lemon slices, or lemon zest for garnish.
How to Make Creamy Lemon Pie
- Prepare the Almond Graham Cracker Crust: Process the almonds and graham crackers, then mix with sugar and butter. Pre-bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- Mix the Filling: Combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, and lemon juice. Pour into the warm crust.
- Bake and Chill: Bake until set, then cool and chill in the refrigerator. For best results, chill overnight.
Tips for the Perfect Lemon Pie
- Fresh Lemon Juice: Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best flavor.
- Chilling Time: Allow ample time for the pie to chill, ensuring the filling sets properly and flavors meld together.
- Garnish Creatively: Experiment with different garnishes like whipped cream, almonds, or fresh lemon slices to add a decorative touch.
- Enjoy this pie as a standalone dessert, or pair it with a light coffee or tea.
- Serve chilled for a refreshing end to a summer meal.
Storing Your Lemon Pie
- Store the pie in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3-4 days. The flavor and texture will remain fresh and vibrant.
For ingredients and comprehensive cooking instructions, please proceed to the next page or click the open button (>)—and be sure to share with your Facebook friends!