Oklahoma Nut Candy, also known as Aunt Bill’s Brown Candy, has a fascinating history dating back to its first publication in 1936 in the food column of The Daily Oklahoman. This delectable candy has gained popularity nationwide and has become a cherished Christmas treat.
While the instructions may have varied over the years, the core ingredients have remained consistent, with a significant amount of sugar being a key component. This particular recipe calls for an impressive six cups of sugar, making it a sweet and indulgent treat. Alongside the sugar, you’ll find other essential baking ingredients to create this beloved candy.
The enduring appeal of Oklahoma Nut Candy lies not only in its delightful flavor but also in its rich tradition, making it a timeless and cherished treat for the holiday season.
If you’re craving a sweet and nutty treat that embodies the flavors of Oklahoma, Oklahoma Nut Candy is the perfect choice. This delightful confection combines crunchy nuts with a rich caramel coating, creating a mouthwatering candy that’s both satisfying and indulgent. Let’s dive into the world of sweet delights and discover how to make this irresistible Oklahoma Nut Candy.
The Story of Oklahoma Nut Candy:
While Oklahoma Nut Candy may not have a grand narrative, it is a beloved sweet treat that captures the essence of indulgence. The combination of locally sourced nuts and a decadent caramel coating makes this candy a favorite for Oklahomans and anyone with a sweet tooth.
Why You Should Make Oklahoma Nut Candy:
- Regional Delight: Experience a taste of Oklahoma with this classic nut candy that showcases the flavors of the region.
- Simple Indulgence: With just a few ingredients, Oklahoma Nut Candy offers a straightforward yet indulgent treat for any occasion.
- Crunchy and Sweet: The combination of nuts and caramel provides a satisfying crunch with a perfect balance of sweetness.
How to Make Oklahoma Nut Candy:
Making Oklahoma Nut Candy is a delightful process:
- Prepare Nuts: Select a mix of your favorite nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or almonds. Toast them lightly for added flavor.
- Make Caramel: In a saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar to create a rich caramel sauce. Add a pinch of salt for enhanced flavor.
- Combine: Stir in the toasted nuts into the caramel, ensuring they are well-coated with the delicious sauce.
- Drop and Cool: Spoon out clusters of the nut-caramel mixture onto parchment paper and let them cool until the caramel hardens.
- Enjoy: Once cooled, peel the clusters off the parchment paper and indulge in the sweet and nutty goodness of Oklahoma Nut Candy.
What Goes Well With Oklahoma Nut Candy:
Oklahoma Nut Candy pairs wonderfully with various accompaniments:
- Hot Cocoa: Enjoy with a cup of hot cocoa for a comforting combination of sweet and warm.
- Ice Cream: Serve alongside your favorite ice cream for a decadent dessert experience.
- Coffee: Pair with a freshly brewed cup of coffee to balance the sweetness with a rich and bold beverage.
How to Store Oklahoma Nut Candy:
If there are any leftovers, here’s how to store them:
- Cool Down: Allow the Oklahoma Nut Candy to cool completely to room temperature.
- Store: Store the nut clusters in an airtight container at room temperature, keeping them away from heat and moisture.
- Enjoy: Consume within a week for the best texture and flavor.
Tips for Oklahoma Nut Candy:
- Nut Varieties: Experiment with different combinations of nuts to create a personalized blend that suits your taste.
- Small Batches: Consider making smaller batches to ensure each cluster receives the perfect coating of caramel.
- Gift Idea: Package the Oklahoma Nut Candy in decorative boxes or bags for a delightful homemade gift.
Now, armed with these insights and tips, you’re ready to create a batch of Oklahoma Nut Candy. Whether it’s a special treat for yourself or a delightful gift for others, this sweet and nutty confection is sure to bring joy to any occasion.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends