I’ve prepared this recipe on numerous occasions, whether it’s for Thanksgiving morning, Christmas morning, Easter brunch, kid sleepovers, family gatherings, and more. It’s the kind of dish that pleases everyone.
Since my Mom now follows a gluten-free diet, I was delighted to discover that I could make this breakfast casserole completely gluten-free. For this, I use Ore-Ida shredded hash browns. If you don’t have any gluten concerns, feel free to use any hash browns you prefer!
The recipe calls for either Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno or cheddar. You can select your preference, but Swiss cheese can also be used if you enjoy it with eggs. Just a tip: use evaporated milk for this recipe, not regular milk.
The Story of Farmer’s Casserole:
Farmer’s Casserole is a hearty and wholesome dish that has its roots in the comforting and rustic cuisine of the countryside. It’s a timeless recipe that embodies the essence of farm-fresh ingredients and simple, delicious flavors.
Why You Should Make Farmer’s Casserole:
- Farm-to-Table Freshness: This casserole is a celebration of farm-fresh ingredients like eggs, potatoes, cheese, and savory ham. It’s a delightful way to savor the goodness of a hearty farm breakfast.
- Family Favorite: Farmer’s Casserole is a crowd-pleaser and a beloved family favorite. It’s a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or even dinner.
- Easy and Convenient: This casserole is not only delicious but also easy to prepare. You can assemble it the night before and bake it in the morning, making it perfect for busy mornings or special occasions.
How to Serve Farmer’s Casserole:
Enjoy Farmer’s Casserole in a variety of ways:
- Breakfast Bliss: Serve it as a wholesome breakfast or brunch option. It pairs beautifully with a side of fresh fruit or a green salad.
- Dinner Delight: For a comforting dinner, add a side of steamed vegetables or a warm, crusty baguette for a well-rounded meal.
What Goes Well With Farmer’s Casserole:
Enhance the experience of Farmer’s Casserole with these complementary sides:
- Seasonal Fruit: Fresh fruit like berries, melon, or citrus segments add a burst of natural sweetness to your meal.
- Fresh Salad: A simple mixed greens salad with a vinaigrette dressing provides a refreshing and healthy balance to the casserole’s richness.
How to Store Farmer’s Casserole:
Keep your Farmer’s Casserole fresh for future farm-inspired feasts:
- Refrigeration: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The casserole can be enjoyed for up to three to four days when properly refrigerated.
- Freezing: For longer-term storage, consider freezing individual portions. Wrap them well and label with the date, and you can enjoy the casserole for up to three months.
Farmer’s Casserole brings the heartwarming flavors of the countryside to your table. Whether you’re savoring it for breakfast, brunch, or dinner, this casserole is a delightful way to enjoy the farm-to-table experience.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends