I’m obsessed with southern food, and I like to make it every weekend. This recipe is one of my favorite southern recipes.
– 16 chicken drumsticks.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour.
– 1 1/2 cups buttermilk.
– 2 tbsp Tabasco sauce.
– 2 tbsp black pepper.
– 1 tbsp salt.
– 1 tsp cayenne pepper.
– 3 cups vegetable oil for frying.
– STEP 1- Preheat your oven to 250℉.
– STEP 2- In a large bowl, mix together the buttermilk, salt, 1 tbsp of black pepper, and Tabasco sauce.
– STEP 3- Add the chicken to the buttermilk mixture, Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, then remove it.
– STEP 4- Combine the flour, 1 tbsp black pepper, and cayenne pepper in a medium mixing bowl, then shake the chicken in the flour, set aside.
– STEP 5- In a deep skillet, heat vegetable oil, and fry the chicken for about 10 minutes.
– STEP 6- Remove the chicken and drain it with paper towels.
– STEP 7- Place the chicken in a baking pan, and bake covered in the preheated oven for about 7 to 10 minutes.
– STEP 6- Serve it with some cooked veggies and rice.