This Marry Me Chicken Pasta dish is a real winner for any day of the week. It’s so good, it might just get you a marriage proposal! What’s even better is that it only takes 30 minutes from start to finish. Imagine combining juicy chicken with soft penne pasta, all drenched in a dreamy sauce. It’s a match made in heaven!
The secret to its amazing taste lies in the sauce – a creamy, rich blend made with sun-dried tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, cream, garlic, and some tasty spices. It’s thick and creamy with a kick of tang from the sun-dried tomatoes, making every forkful something to look forward to.
What Goes Into This Dish
This recipe calls for simple, quality ingredients that work together to make something really special. You’ll need chicken and penne pasta as the main stars, with a few basic seasonings to bring out their flavors. Olive oil helps cook the chicken to perfection.
For the sauce that you’ll want to pour on everything, you’ll need butter, garlic, flour, chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, paprika, and Italian seasoning. And don’t forget fresh basil for a final touch of freshness!
How to Whip Up This Delicious Pasta
Making Marry Me Chicken Pasta is a breeze and perfect for when you need something impressive but easy. Here’s how:
- Start by cooking your penne pasta until it’s just right. Drain it and set it aside.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper, then brown them in a pan with some olive oil. Once cooked, put them to one side.
- In the same pan, melt butter and add garlic, then flour, to create a thick base. Gradually mix in chicken broth, heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese to form the sauce.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, paprika, and Italian seasoning to the sauce, letting it simmer until it thickens.
- Mix the chicken and pasta back into the pan, ensuring they’re well-coated in the sauce.
- Garnish with basil and extra Parmesan before serving.
A Few Tips for Perfect Pasta Every Time
- Use a thermometer to make sure your chicken is cooked just right.
- For a bit of spice, add some red pepper flakes.
- Grating your own Parmesan cheese makes the sauce even creamier.
Storing Your Pasta
It’s unlikely you’ll have leftovers with a dish this good. But if you do, it keeps well in the fridge for a few days. Reheat gently to keep it tasting fresh.
For ingredients and comprehensive cooking instructions, please proceed to the next page or click the open button (>)—and be sure to share with your Facebook friends!
Marry Me Chicken Pasta
For the Chicken and Pasta:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken cut into 1-inch pieces
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil for garnish
Preparing Pasta and Chicken:
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes until no longer pink and cooked through. Transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add butter. Once melted, sauté garlic for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add flour and stir to make a paste.
- Whisk in chicken broth, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese.
- Stir in drained sun-dried tomatoes, paprika, and Italian seasoning. Season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Simmer the sauce for a few minutes to thicken.
- Return chicken to the skillet along with cooked pasta. Stir to coat chicken and pasta in the sauce.
- Garnish with chopped basil leaves and additional parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy your delicious chicken pasta dish!