This recipe is one of our most popular. Easy to make and absolutely delicious! Great reviews on this one.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs Can roll with rolling pin or use food processor until finely ground
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oatsCould use quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons melted
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk (Not evaporated milk)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries you could use frozen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Combine all ingredients and press into a sprayed 8 x 8 inch baking pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 10 to 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
Combine ingredients and mix on high for 3 or 4 minutes. Pour over cooled crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Then add topping.
Combine all topping ingredients except lemon juice and bring to boil on top of the stove stirring constantly so as not to burn. Cook for 2 minutes to thicken. Remove from stove, stir in lemon juice and let cool. Pour over cheesecake after it has been refrigerated for 3 hours.
Keep this blueberry cheesecake refrigerated. Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Enjoy! Note: You could use any fresh fruit with this recipe such as strawberries or blackberries.