- °4 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- °1 large red onion sliced
- °1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- °1 tablespoon of salt
- °2 cups white vinegar
- °1 1/2 cups sugar
- °1 teaspoon celery flakes
- °1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine cucumbers, onions, peppers and salt; put aside.
- Put the vinegar, sugar, celery flakes and chili flakes in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Removing from heat also adding 2 handfuls of ice to melted.
- Place all vegetables in wide mouth jars (2 quart or 1 half gallon)
- Pour the mixture over the cucumbers, store in the refrigerator.
- Store for up to 2 months
- Makes 2 quart jars