Fried okra is my all-time favorite vegetable. It is the only green vegetable that I get excited about eating. I can eat a ton of it.
- 1 lb okra
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal
- Rinse okra and slice. Discard stems and tips.
- Pour buttermilk over sliced okra; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Remove okra from buttermilk. Dredge okra in cornmeal.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven or large skillet. Heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry okra in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes.