Treat yourself to a taste of tropical paradise with this delightful Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake! Bursting with juicy pineapple slices, sweet maraschino cherries, and a moist yellow cake, this classic dessert is sure to brighten any occasion. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to make, so you can enjoy a slice of sunshine whenever the mood strikes.
Why Try This Recipe?
- Classic Flavor, Modern Twist: Put a new spin on a beloved classic with this elegant bundt cake version of the traditional pineapple upside-down cake. It’s perfect for serving at gatherings or as a special treat for your family.
- Simple and Satisfying: With just a few basic ingredients and straightforward instructions, this cake comes together in no time, making it a convenient option for busy bakers who still want to impress with a homemade dessert.
Summary of Ingredients
- Brown sugar
- Pineapple slices (canned in juice)
- Maraschino cherries
- Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow Cake Mix
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat and Prepare: Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously spray a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan with baking spray with flour.
- Prepare Pineapple Layer: Pour melted butter into the bottom of the pan, then sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the butter. Arrange pineapple slices over the sugar, pressing them lightly, and place a maraschino cherry in the center of each slice.
- Mix Cake Batter: Combine cake mix, pineapple juice, oil, and eggs in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Pour Batter: Pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries in the pan, ensuring it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake: Bake for 36 to 41 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool and Invert: Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 20 minutes. Then, run a metal spatula around the edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Invert a heatproof serving plate upside down over the pan, then carefully turn the plate and pan over. Remove the pan.
- Cool Further: Let the cake cool for an additional 45 minutes before serving. Serve warm or cool, depending on your preference.
Enjoy your Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake as is for a simple yet satisfying dessert. For an extra touch of indulgence, top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Store any leftover cake loosely covered in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. Simply slice off a piece whenever you’re in the mood for a sweet tropical treat.
Techniques and Tips
- Ensure the butter and brown sugar are evenly distributed in the pan to create a caramelized topping for the cake.
- Use canned pineapple slices packed in juice for the best flavor and texture.
- Allow the cake to cool sufficiently before attempting to invert it to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding your favorite ingredients, such as shredded coconut or chopped nuts, to the cake batter for extra flavor and texture. You can also experiment with different cake mixes, such as pineapple or coconut-flavored, for a unique twist on this classic dessert.
For ingredients and comprehensive cooking instructions, please proceed to the next page or click the open button (>)—and be sure to share with your Facebook friends!