- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Butter an 8×4 inch loaf pan, line the bottom and two sides of the pan with the parchment paper, as shown in the photo.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk.
- In the same bowl where you combined flour, add blueberries and toss them in 2 tablespoons of flour. This will help prevent blueberries from sinking.
- Fold in lemon zest, and blueberries into the batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool bread in pan for 40 minutes on a wire rack.