- FOR THE BREAD:
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk ( I use 2%)
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped (any kind, I used Granny Smith), mixed with 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk (more or less depending on thickness of glaze wanted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until blended in; add vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and baking powder together, with a whisk, in another bowl and slowly add into butter mixture. Stir until blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the apple mixture, then half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining apple mixture, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of loaf comes out clean.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk together until combined.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.