19. HEALTHY BREAKFAST SANDWICH
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs and 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins
- 4 1/2-inch round slices Canadian bacon
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices
- Crack eggs and egg whites into a bowl and whisk.
- Add chives andparsley and stir to incorporate.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet withcooking spray.
- Ladle 1/4 egg mixture into skillet and cook, omelet style, until eggs are cooked through, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Slide omelet onto a plate and repeat with remaining eggs; cover with foil to keep warm. In same skillet, heat Canadian bacon until warm, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Toast English muffin.
- Fold omelet in to fit English muffin, then place omelet on 1 muffin half.
- Top with a bacon slice, then tomato, then top with other muffin half.