- 2 lbs ground beef 85/15
- 29 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 29 ounces canned kidney beans not drained
- 29 ounces canned pinto beans not drained
- 28 ounces canned tomatoes chopped (not drained)
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 diced jalapeno de-seeded and de-veined
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
In a heavy bottomed stockpot brown the ground beef.
Drain the fat.
Add in the rest of the ingredients (except the butter) and bring to a boil.
Lower to a simmer and cook uncovered (please keep at a simmer level) for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
Add in the butter and stir until fully melted and incorporated.