- 2 cups warm milk
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- powdered sugar, as needed, garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F, and lightly grease an (8×8 inch) baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a completely dry bowl or stand mixer, beat egg whites [making sure there is no yolk in the whites] until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks and powdered sugar until thickened and lightened in color.
- Add melted butter and 1 tbsp water into ribbony egg yolk mixture until combined, 1 to 2Mins.
- Gradually mix in flour until evenly incorporated, then mix in milk and vanilla extract.
- Take 1/3 egg whites and fold it gently into batter…Once incorporated, fold in remaining egg whites.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 to 50Mins, or until center is just set, but still a little jiggly.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.*Optional*: refrigerate to speed up the chilling process.
- Slice into bars and dust with powdered sugar to serve.
” Please note that some meals are better to be prepared every once in a while because of some ingredients like meat, cheese, lot of sugar, fats..etc.
Having meals with these ingredients all the time may damage your health. ”