I am a big fan of salads with potatoes! The standard potato salad is delicious, but the baked potato salad is wonderful! It has all the wonderful tastes you enjoy from a baked potato, made into a salad with potatoes!
For two reasons, this recipe is distinct from conventional potato salad. Next, instead of heating, the potatoes are fried, which also makes it simpler for you, since you don’t have to keep an eye on the boiling water.
• A bag Of medium Russet Potatoes. (about 5 pounds)
• 1+1/2 C.Of _shredded_cheddar cheese
• 1 C.Of sour cream
• 1/2 C.Of mayonnaise
• 1 PKG.Of cooked bacon-crumbled-.
• 1 small chopped onion.
• salt and black pepper, to taste.
• Chives, IF DESIRED
• Step1_Wash the potatoes then use a fork to poke holes in them. Bake for around an hour at 350° until the fork is tender.
Cool the potatoes and cut them into bite-sized chunks.
• Step2_Peel the skin! That way, it tastes great and there are more nutrients left, and it looks nicer. I put them in a different bowl and I put them in the fridge to cool them all the way until they’ve cooled enough. This gives them an exceptional feel which keeps the milk ingredients from getting heated or melting the cheese. You don’t need to cool the potatoes if you are serving this salad hot, just skip the movie!
• Step3_In a tub, combine the mayo and sour cream together. Add in the chopped onions, chives, crumbled bacon, and cheese to the potatoes.
• Step4_I use a pepper grinder and a sea salt grinder for It, but I never know exactly how much I put in any of them. The flavor is much better than only using standard table salt and pepper.
• Step5_Top and serve with additional melted cheese, more bacon, and chives!