- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef I use 90% lean
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking up into smaller pieces with a spatula (approximately 5-6 minutes).
Add the onion to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Season the beef and onion mixture with salt and pepper.
Add the bell peppers to the pot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth and Italian seasoning to the pot; bring to a simmer.
Cook for 15-20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
Stir in the rice and season the soup with salt and pepper to taste as desired. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 49mg | Sodium: 769mg | Potassium: 847mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1160IU | Vitamin C: 54.3mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg