- 1 cup heavy whipping cream cold
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- CREAM CHEESE GLAZE optional
- 1 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
Preheat oven to 325 F.
Pour heavy whipping cream into a medium-sized bowl and mix until fluffy with stiff peaks. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream together shortening, butter and cream cheese.
Mix in sugar until combined.
Add eggs, one at a time and mix on low or medium after each egg.
Stir in lemon extract and vanilla extract. Set aside.
In a large bowl whisk or sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually add dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing gently until batter is fluffy.
Fold in the whipped cream.
Spoon batter into prepared pan.
Bake on middle rack for 90 minutes.
Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack until pan is warm enough to touch.
Remove cake from pan and allow to cool completely.
Mix together glaze ingredients.
When cake has cooled drizzle on the glaze.
Allow the cake to sit uncovered until the glaze has hardened.
Slice and serve plain or with berries and cream.
” Please note that some meals are better to be prepared every once in a while because of some ingredients like meat, cheese, lot of sugar, fats..etc.
Having meals with these ingredients all the time may damage your health. ”