Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread allows you to savor the comforting flavors of traditional Irish bread with the convenience of slow cooking. Its golden crust, soft interior, and delightful aroma will transport you to Ireland’s cozy kitchens. Share this bread with loved ones and enjoy the warmth it brings to any meal.
Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread
“Slow Cooker Irish Soda Bread allows you to savor the comforting flavors of traditional Irish bread with the convenience of slow cooking.”
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 3 tbs Butter, Softened
- 1 tsp Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tbs Sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3/4 Cups Buttermilk
- Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl. Use a hand-held mixer to blend the mixture until the dough becomes crumbly.
- Gradually add the milk, a little at a time, until the dough reaches the desired consistency. You may not need all of the milk.
- Gently fold in the raisins.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for approximately one minute, shaping it into a round loaf.
- Grease your slow cooker and carefully place the loaf inside.
- Make an “X” incision on the top of the loaf.
- Cook on high for around 2 hours or until the loaf turns a lovely golden brown color.