- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ dark red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pouch (6.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ cornbread & muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 12-inch ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook sausage, onion, celery, bell pepper, Cajun seasoning and red pepper in butter 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are softened.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix cornbread & muffin mix, cheese, milk, Sriracha sauce and egg. Spoon tablespoonfuls over sausage mixture. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until cornbread biscuits are cooked through and browned on top. Top with green onions.