- 2 cups (284g) all-purpose flour (scoop and level to measure)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 10 Tbsp (140g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (160g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (110g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (243g) canned pumpkin
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 5 Tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, nearly at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, nearly at room temperature
- 2 cups (248g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla exract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two 18 by 13-inch baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves for 20 seconds. Set aside.
In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
Mix in egg, then blend in pumpkin and vanilla. Add in flour mixture and mix just until combined.
Scoop dough out using a 1 1/2 Tbsp cookie scoop (filling it just slightly heaping). Drop onto prepared baking sheet spacing cookies 2-inches apart.
Bake one sheet at a time until cookies are set, about 13 – 15 minutes. Cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Once cool frost cookies with cream cheese frosting. Store in an airtight container in a single layer in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
For the cream cheese frosting:
In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer whip butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until well combined.