Ingredients for Potato Latkes (Draniki):
- 4-5 large potatoes peeled, cut in quarters
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup oil
How to make Potato Latkes (Draniki):
- Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor and grind until it resembles batter with no large chunks, about 4 minutes.
- Alternatively, grate the potatoes and onion on the star grater until a fine puree forms.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together.
- Heat couple tablespoons of oil in a skillet, add a large spoonful of ‘potato pancake batter’.
- Brown on each side (about 3-4 minutes per side) covered with a lid.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve right away, with sour cream or applesauce.
- Finish the rest of the batter, in the above-described manner.
- You should get about 16-20 potato latkes.
” Please note that some meals are better to be prepared every once in a while because of some ingredients like meat, cheese, lot of sugar, fats..etc.
Having meals with these ingredients all the time may damage your health. ”