Back to Top
- 1 c butter flavored crisco shortening
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (just pour it in)
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1 c jif peanut butter (i put an extra hunk in)
- 2 call-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make :
- Preheat oven to 350°
- I use a Kitchen Aid stand mixer & leave it running the whole time I’m putting this together.
- Cream shortening, sugars, and vanilla extract.
- Add beaten eggs, and beat thoroughly. (Just throw them in, don’t beat first)
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture.
- Using big scoop, place 6 level scoops on ungreased air bake cookie sheets.
- Press with back of fork dipped in milk to make a crisscross design. Original recipe calls for flour but milk makes it crisper. Refer to picture above. It shows one that is in the ball & the others show how much to flatten.
- Bake at 350° for exactly 14 minutes. Set your timer.
- Remove from oven & let cool on cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes. Then transfer to wire cooling rack until completely cool. I stack these standing up in large air tight container to keep them from weighing heavy on each other.