These oven-roasted tomatoes make a wonderful side dish to any protein and are also delicious on toasted bread or crostini.
4 Medium tomatoes halved
4 tsp Basil pesto
2 Tbsp MAGGI Oil Free Greek
5 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
Sprinkle of sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the halved tomatoes onto a baking tray and top each one with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on the tomatoes. This is for the acidity of the tomatoes.
- Then top each half with ½ tsp basil pesto and ½ Tbsp parmesan.
- Drizzle with the MAGGI Oil Free Greek Salad Dressing and bake in the oven for about 18 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Pro Tip: When roasting vegetables, replace cooking with oil with MAGGI Oil-Free Salad Dressing.
It will prevent sticking, add flavour, as well as help colour.
Online source: Nestle Professional