1 boxed brownie mix
1 1/2 cups 60% cocoa chocolate chips
12 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups frozen cool whip, thawed
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, full-sized or miniature
hot fudge sauce, your favorite store bought or homemade
- Spray an 8″ springform pan lightly with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownies according to the package directions.
- Instead of using a brownie pan, pour them into the prepared cheesecake pan and (again) bake them according to the package directions.
- When the brownies have completely cooled, prepare the cheesecake filling.
- In a small bow add chocolate chips and heat in microwave for 1-minute.
- Stir, and then heat in 30 second intervals stirring in between until chocolate is completely smooth and melted. Or melt them using a double boiler.
- Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar and butter until smooth and creamy.
- While the mixer continues to run, slowly pour in the cooled melted chocolate chips, continuing to slowly stir until they’re evenly incorporated.
- Use a firm spatula to gently fold in the cool whip until the mixture’s smooth.
- Use a spatula to gently stir in the chocolate chips until they’re just spread throughout the batter.
- Spread the cheesecake batter out on top of the cooled brownies.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator until set, or about an hour.
- Before serving spread a layer of hot fudge out over the top of the chilled cheesecake.