What a party of flavor! A tasty side salad featuring quinoa and a colorful variety of vegetables. Feta cheese and a light lemon dressing complete the Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
- 1 cup Quinoa, dry
- 2 cups Low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Fresh garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup Fresh red bell peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh green onions, diced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh red onions, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup Fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp Black olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear, not cloudy. Combine quinoa and chicken broth in a small pot. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer until broth is completely absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. When done, quinoa will be soft and a white ring will pop out of the kernel. The white ring will appear only when it is fully cooked. Fluff with a fork. A rice cooker may be used with the same quantity of quinoa and water. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, salt, and ground pepper to make dressing.
- Combine red peppers, green onions, red onions, tomatoes, and olives in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add dressing to vegetable mixture. Mix in cooled quinoa. Fold in feta cheese and parsley. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve chilled.