Talk about comfort food! This delightful dish is a crowd-pleaser, featuring the delicious combination of potatoes, bacon, and cheese. It’s a versatile casserole that can be adjusted to your liking—whether you prefer smashed potatoes or a creamy mashed texture. Perfect for busy days, this make-ahead dish offers a new spin on the classic dinner staple.
- “I cut the recipe in half and used 2 medium-sized Russet potatoes. I left the skin on and followed the recipe. The ingredients list says that the green onion quantity will be divided, but the instructions only say to sprinkle them on top. I mixed some into the potatoes and left some for the top. I think it really needed some butter. I had to sprinkle quite a bit of salt on my portion to make it edible.”
- “This was a total hit! I made a few changes because I didn’t want to go to the store. I used 10 regular Russet potatoes, cubed them up with the skin on & mixed with some of the sauce before pouring them into a greased dish. Then I poured the remaining sauce on top & covered the dish with aluminum foil. I baked them at 350° for 45 minutes, then removed the foil, topped with some more shredded cheddar, chopped green onions & crispy crumbled bacon. Popped them back in the oven for an additional 15 minutes to brown the top & there was not one bite left! Excellent side dish for our tri-tip steak & pork loin. This will be in our dinner rotation forever!”
- “I liked this recipe as a BASE FOR MY OWN CHANGES AND ADDITIONS. Halved the recipe, added butter and slightly more than one-quarter cup of sour cream to 4 baked potatoes which I did in the microwave to save time. Certainly a good recipe to make your own. Thanks!”
If you’re craving all the flavors of a loaded baked potato but in a convenient casserole form, Loaded Baked Potato Casserole is the answer. This hearty and comforting dish combines tender potatoes with crispy bacon, melted cheese, and a dollop of sour cream, creating a delicious and satisfying meal. Let’s dive into the world of baked potatoes and learn how to make this irresistible Loaded Baked Potato Casserole.
The Story of Loaded Baked Potato Casserole:
While Loaded Baked Potato Casserole may not have a dramatic tale, it is a celebration of the beloved flavors found in a classic loaded baked potato. This casserole takes the simplicity of baked potatoes and elevates them into a crowd-pleasing dish that’s perfect for any occasion.
Why You Should Make Loaded Baked Potato Casserole:
- Ultimate Comfort: Experience the ultimate comfort food with a casserole that brings together all the elements of a loaded baked potato.
- Crowd-Pleasing: Whether it’s a family dinner or a potluck, Loaded Baked Potato Casserole is sure to please a crowd with its hearty and flavorful components.
- Customizable: Customize the toppings to suit your preferences, adding green onions, chives, or other favorite ingredients.
How to Make Loaded Baked Potato Casserole:
Making Loaded Baked Potato Casserole is a straightforward and delicious process:
- Cook Potatoes: Boil or bake the potatoes until they are fork-tender. Allow them to cool slightly before proceeding.
- Cut and Layer: Cut the potatoes into cubes and layer them in a baking dish. Add crispy bacon, shredded cheese, and a sprinkle of green onions between the layers.
- Mix Sour Cream Mixture: In a bowl, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Spread this mixture over the layered potatoes.
- Bake: Bake the casserole in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the top is golden brown.
- Garnish and Serve: Garnish the casserole with additional green onions and serve it hot, allowing everyone to enjoy the loaded goodness.
What Goes Well With Loaded Baked Potato Casserole:
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole pairs wonderfully with various accompaniments:
- Grilled Chicken: Serve with grilled chicken for a complete and satisfying meal.
- Side Salad: A fresh side salad with a light vinaigrette provides a refreshing contrast to the richness of the casserole.
- Garlic Bread: Enjoy with a side of garlic bread for a comforting and hearty dinner.
How to Store Loaded Baked Potato Casserole:
If there are any leftovers, here’s how to store them:
- Cool Down: Allow the Loaded Baked Potato Casserole to cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate: Store any remaining casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Reheat (Optional): If desired, you can reheat individual servings in the microwave or in the oven until warmed through.
Tips for Loaded Baked Potato Casserole:
- Prep in Advance: Boil or bake the potatoes in advance to streamline the assembly process when you’re ready to make the casserole.
- Crispy Bacon: Ensure the bacon is crispy before adding it to the casserole for the best texture and flavor.
- Customize Toppings: Feel free to customize the toppings with additional ingredients like shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, or shredded lettuce.
Now, armed with these insights and tips, you’re ready to create a pan of Loaded Baked Potato Casserole. Whether it’s a weeknight dinner or a special gathering, this casserole is a comforting and satisfying dish that captures the essence of loaded baked potatoes.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends