– Blackberries: 2 1/2 c (washed)
– Sugar: 1 c
– Flour: 1 c
– Baking powder: 2 t
– Salt: 1/2 t
– Milk: 1 c
– Unsalted butter: 1/2 c (melted)
1. Before starting the preparation, the blackberry and sugar mixture needs to be sit for a while. Then in a large bowl, stir the berries and sugar. And please let it sit out for 25 to half an hour. Time done, start your oven to preheat to 375!
2. You can then use a wooden spoon and stir the flour, baking powder, salt, and milk.
3. After that, go ahead and stir in the melted butter. Make sure to hand-mix it until the ingredients are well incorporated and you have few clumps.
4. The batter should be poured into medium baking dish and smoothed out. If desired, you can line it with parchment paper, being careful not to grease the pan.
5. Ok now, makes sure the macerated blackberries is poured on top with all the sugar included. Finally, distribute it evenly over the batter.
6. Depending on how golden you prefer it to be, you can bake it for 45-60 minutes. Always remember to permit it coold for 5 minutes so to hold its shape & ENJOY !!!