Allow me to introduce you to the art of creating an authentic-tasting Chicago deep dish pizza – a culinary masterpiece that boasts a buttery crust, a slightly sweet tomato sauce, and a generous layer of cheese.
What makes Chicago-style pizza so incredibly amazing, you ask? Well, the answer is simple: everything. Every aspect of this pizza is unique and special.
First and foremost, this pizza doesn’t resemble the pizzas you’re accustomed to. It’s baked in a deep-dish cake pan, breaking the traditional pizza mold. The cheese is placed directly on top of the crust, with the sauce piled on in abundance – an upside-down pizza pie, if you will. Now, I could be mistaken, but I’ve learned that the proper way to enjoy Chicago-style pizza is with a fork. Is this true, Chicago readers? I hope so, because it’s the only way to eat it without creating an embarrassing mess.
You don’t have to travel all the way to Chicago to savor this incredible Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza; you can make it right in your own kitchen!
Give this easy-to-follow deep-dish pizza recipe a try, complete with step-by-step instructions and a helpful how-to video. It delivers a thick and buttery, flaky crust paired with a rich, chunky tomato sauce and an abundance of gooey cheese.
This recipe provides enough dough and sauce to create two 9-inch pizzas. I baked one pizza in a 9-inch cast iron skillet and the other in a 9-inch cake pan. Both turned out beautifully, with just slight differences. The cast iron produced a slightly crispier crust, while the cake pan resulted in a softer, chewier one. Both options are fantastic and hold up remarkably well beneath the generous layer of toppings.
Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza is a delightful culinary creation that brings the iconic flavors of the Windy City right to your kitchen.
Why Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Is a Slice of Windy City Bliss:
Imagine a pizza where the crust is as thick as a pie, the cheese stretches like a dream, and the toppings are piled high. Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza captures the essence of Chicago’s culinary heritage and delivers it to your plate.
Why You Should Make Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza:
- Iconic Flavor: Experience the iconic taste of Chicago-style pizza, with its unique combination of a buttery crust, chunky tomato sauce, and layers of cheese.
- Homemade Delight: Making this pizza from scratch allows you to customize it to your preferences, from the choice of toppings to the thickness of the crust.
- Satisfying Meal: A single slice is a hearty meal in itself, making it perfect for sharing with family and friends.
How to Serve Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza:
Serving this delectable pizza is a treat:
- Slice and Enjoy: Cut generous slices of Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza and serve on plates or pizza pans.
- Garnish: Optionally, garnish with fresh basil, grated Parmesan, or a drizzle of olive oil for added flavor.
- Pairing: Enjoy with a side salad or a refreshing beverage like soda or beer to balance the richness of the pizza.
What Goes Well With Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza:
- Salad: A crisp Caesar salad or a simple mixed greens salad with balsamic vinaigrette pairs wonderfully with the hearty pizza.
- Beer: Many pizza enthusiasts enjoy a cold beer as the perfect companion to deep-dish pizza.
- Garlic Bread: Serve with garlic breadsticks or cheesy garlic bread for an indulgent combination.
How to Store Leftovers of Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza:
If you have any leftovers (though it might be hard to resist eating it all), here’s what to do:
- Refrigerate: Store any remaining pizza in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Reheat: Gently reheat in the oven or toaster oven to maintain the crust’s crispiness. Avoid the microwave, as it can make the crust soggy.
Tips for Perfect Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza:
To ensure your pizza is a slice of Windy City bliss:
- Crust Perfection: Pay attention to the thickness of the crust, as it’s a defining feature of Chicago-style pizza. It should be thick and buttery.
- Layering: When assembling the pizza, layer the cheese and toppings carefully to create a delightful combination of flavors in every bite.
- Resting Time: Allow the pizza to rest for a few minutes after baking to let the flavors meld together before slicing.
Homemade Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza is a culinary masterpiece that brings the heartiness and flavor of Chicago’s famous pizza to your table. Whether you’re creating it for a special occasion or simply satisfying your pizza cravings, this dish promises a slice of Windy City bliss in every bite. Gather your ingredients, assemble your pizza, and savor the rich, cheesy, and savory goodness that defines Chicago-style deep-dish pizza.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends