- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter – softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 27 Maraschino Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put parchment paper in the baking pan and leave aside.
- In a medium sized dish combine flour and corn starch. Leave aside.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar using electric hand mixer at medium speed, until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and pinch of salt and mix some more.
- Add flour and corn starch. Mix at a lower speed for a few minutes to get a fine dough.
- Make balls of about 1 inch. Place them in the baking pan. Space cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Finally, place Maraschino cherry on the top of each ball of dough and press with finger until 2/3 of the cherry is inside the ball. Bake for 10/12 minutes.
- Wait for them to cool down and enjoy.
They can be kept at a room temperature for a couple of days