- 1 lb bacon ( finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 lbs cabbage (finely diced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fry bacon with occasionally stirring until the fat renders and will take crispy brown appearance.
- Remove the bacon on paper towels to drain and set aside.
- Take oil in a pan, heat it now add chopped onion and minced garlic in to pan and stir until onion and garlic become translucent.
- Now add cabbage and pepper flakes, salt into pan and stir until the cabbage is tender, if you prefer it softer put a lid on the frying pan that will give it some steam.
- Crumble the fried bacon into the pan and mix well.
- You can keep in the fridge for a day or two and can be reheated in a hot frying pan, but its best freshly made.
12.5 g fat
15.5 g carbohydrates
5.4 g protein
19 mg cholesterol
1435 mg sodium