Easy Texas Turtle Sheet Cake is a delightful dessert that combines the irresistible flavors of turtle candies with the convenience of a sheet cake. With layers of pecans, caramel, and chocolate, it’s a sweet and nutty treat that’s perfect for gatherings and celebrations. Share this dessert with your loved ones, and watch them savor the classic turtle flavors!
Easy Texas Turtle Sheet Cake
“Easy Texas Turtle Sheet Cake is a delightful dessert that combines the irresistible flavors of turtle candies with the convenience of a sheet cake.”
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups baking flour
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
the chocolate icing :
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
the turtle filling :
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup caramel sauce, to baste
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare your cake pan by greasing and flouring it or using parchment paper for lining. In a large bowl, combine the baking flour and granulated sugar. Set this mixture aside for now.
- Now, in a saucepan, combine 1 cup of butter, 1 cup of coffee, and 1/3 cup of cocoa. Heat this mixture until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Once it’s ready, pour it into the dry ingredients you prepared earlier. With a hand mixer, blend these wet and dry ingredients at medium speed until they are well combined. Add the eggs and 1/2 cup of buttermilk to the mixture and continue blending on medium speed for about one more minute until everything is well mixed.
- Transfer this cake batter into the prepared pan and bake it in the oven for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. You’ll know the cake is done when a toothpick or fork inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, you can prepare the frosting. In a medium saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of butter, 4 tablespoons of buttermilk, and 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder. Heat this mixture to a boil over medium heat, making sure to stir constantly.
- Once it’s reached a boil, remove it from the heat and gradually whisk in the powdered sugar, adding it half a cup at a time.
- After the cake has finished baking, pour the hot icing over it. While the cake is still warm, sprinkle it with chopped pecans and chocolate chips, and then drizzle it with caramel sauce.