Easy Strawberry Slab Pie is a delightful dessert that embodies the essence of summer. The combination of sweet strawberries and buttery crust is a treat for your taste buds, making it the perfect ending to any meal. Share it with friends and family, and watch their faces light up with joy as they savor the flavors of the season.
Easy Strawberry Slab Pie
“Easy Strawberry Slab Pie is a delightful dessert that embodies the essence of summer. “
- 1 (11 oz.) package refrigerated pie crust
- 32 oz. fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 1/2 cups lemon lime soda (we used sprite)
- 6 oz. strawberry jello
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Frozen whipped topping or whipped cream, garnish
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Roll out both pie crusts on a lightly floured surface and stack one on top of the other. Roll them to form a roughly 12×17-inch rectangle.
- Transfer the crust to a large 10×15-inch baking sheet. Tuck any excess crust under itself and crimp the edges as desired. Prick the bottom and sides of the crust all over with a fork.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Remove it from the oven and let it cool.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the jello packet, sugar, and cornstarch. Then pour in the Sprite and lemon juice.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring until it thickens. Remove it from the heat and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the crust has cooled, arrange the sliced strawberries on top.
- Carefully pour the cooled filling over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate the slab pie for 2 hours or more, until it is set.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your strawberry slab pie!