Back to Top
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 lb ribeye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6–8 slices provolone cheese
- hoagie rolls, for serving
- optional: mayonnaise
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Once butter is sizzling, sauté mushrooms until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions into same skillet and sauté until slightly caramelized, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add peppers into skillet with onions and cook until peppers get soft, about 3-4 minutes. Then set onions/peppers aside with mushrooms.
- Add steak into pan and cook until all meat is browned, about 5-6 minutes. Season steak with spices and add all veggies back into skillet. Stir to fully combine.
- Using a spatula, section off each serving in your pan and place cheese slices directly over each serving. Take off heat and allow residual heat to melt cheese onto steak mixture.
- Lightly toast hoagie rolls and smear with a bit of mayo, if desired. Add more cheese to prepared rolls and fill each roll with cheesesteak mixture. Roll each sandwich in foil and allow to sit for at least 5 minutes, then enjoy!