- 18-20 Med. to Large pickling cucumbers (washed/scrubbed)
- 4 quarts of water
- 1 quart of vinegar
- 1 to 1⅓ cups of pickling salt (I used 1 cup and they were plenty salty for me)
- Fresh bunch of dill
- 1 large head of garlic (skins removed)
- 1 package dried red peppers (found in produce dept.)
- Grape leaves (1 for each jar) washed
- 1 Large onion (chopped)
- Slice cucumbers about ¼ inch thick or slice into spears. Make sure spears are not taller than jar.
- Combine water and salt, then stir until salt completely dissolves.
- Add vinegar and stir, heating to almost boiling, then reduce heat to low.
- Add grape leaf, dill, onion, garlic and pepper to each jar.
- Pack cucumbers in each jar, leaving room at the top to add brine.
- Top each jar with another clove of garlic, pepper and sprig of dill.
- Add brine with a funnel and a ladle, slowly until filled to about a half inch from top.
- Put lid and ring on and tighten firmly.
- Let cool and refrigerate.