Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings is a comforting and hearty dish made effortlessly in a slow cooker. It features tender chicken, a medley of vegetables, and fluffy dumplings in a creamy broth. This classic American comfort food is known for its rich flavors and minimal hands-on preparation. Simply layer the ingredients, set your crockpot to cook on low, and let it simmer to perfection. With its delicious taste and convenience, it’s a go-to choice for satisfying family meals.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Story:
The history of Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings is rooted in the American South, where slow-cooked comfort foods reign supreme. This dish epitomizes the essence of southern hospitality, offering a warm embrace through its rich, creamy broth and tender chicken.
Reason to Make Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
Comfort and Convenience: Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings is the epitome of comfort food. Whether you’re seeking solace on a rainy day or celebrating family gatherings, this dish is your culinary confidant.
Effortless Preparation: The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity. With minimal prep, you can enjoy a flavorful, home-cooked meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
Versatility: Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings adapts to various dietary preferences. You can easily customize the ingredients to suit your taste, making it an inclusive option for gatherings.
Ingredients to Make Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – Protein source
- Chicken broth – Liquid base for cooking
- Cream of chicken – Creamy and flavorful sauce
- Sliced carrots – Adds sweetness and texture
- Sliced celery – Provides a mild, crunchy texture
- Peas – Adds a burst of color and sweetness
- Onion – Adds savory flavor and aroma
- Bacon (crumbled) – Adds smoky and salty notes
- Parsley – Garnish for freshness and color
- Garlic powder – Enhances overall flavor with garlic aroma
- Salt – Enhances flavor and seasoning
- Pepper – Adds a touch of mild spiciness and seasoning
- Flaky biscuits – Doughy dumplings that cook and thicken the stew
Equipment to Use For Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
- Cutting board
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spoon or ladle
- Tongs or fork
How to Serve Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
Serving Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings is a breeze:
- Prepare Your Bowls: Ladle generous portions of the chicken and dumpling goodness into deep bowls, ensuring each serving has an equal share of tender chicken and dumplings.
- Garnish: A sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley adds a pop of color and a hint of freshness to the dish. Optionally, add a dash of cracked black pepper for extra flavor.
- Enjoy with Bread: To complete your meal, serve with a side of warm, crusty bread or fluffy biscuits. The bread’s spongy texture is perfect for sopping up every drop of the delectable broth.
What to Serve with Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
Pair your Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings with these delectable sides for a well-rounded meal:
- Steamed Vegetables: Steamed broccoli, carrots, or green beans provide a healthy contrast to the creamy richness of the dish.
- Crisp Salad: A light salad with a zesty vinaigrette dressing adds a refreshing touch to your meal.
- Mashed Potatoes: For the ultimate comfort feast, serve with creamy mashed potatoes, creating a delightful interplay of textures.
How to Store Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
Leftovers? No problem! Here’s how to store your Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings:
- Refrigeration: Transfer any remaining portions into airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: For longer storage, freeze in freezer-safe containers or zip-top bags. Be sure to remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. Your frozen Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings can stay good for up to 3 months.
Q1: Can I use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
A1: Absolutely! Boneless chicken thighs offer a richer flavor and stay tender during the slow cooking process.
Q2: Can I make this recipe without a crockpot?
A2: Yes, you can prepare Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings on the stovetop or in the oven, but a crockpot’s slow, steady heat enhances the flavors.
Q3: Can I use store-bought biscuit dough for the dumplings?
A3: While homemade dumplings are fantastic, store-bought biscuit dough can be a convenient substitute for a quicker meal.
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings Notes:
- Broth Consistency: Adjust the broth’s thickness to your liking by adding more or less chicken broth. Some prefer it thick and creamy, while others enjoy a lighter consistency.
- Dumpling Fluffiness: Avoid overmixing the dumpling dough to ensure light, fluffy dumplings. Overmixing can lead to dense dumplings.
- Cooking Time: Cooking times may vary depending on your crockpot’s settings. Be sure to check for doneness, as overcooking can make the dumplings mushy.
For Ingredients And Complete Cooking Instructions Please Head On Over To Next Page Or Open button (>) and don’t forget to SHARE with your Facebook friends.