– 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp
– 1 box whole wheat penne pasta
– 1- 45 oz. jar of your favorite marinara sauce (I used Old World Ragu)
– 2- 6oz. containers nonfat Greek yogurt
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan + more for topping
– 1 tablespoon basil
– Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain noodles.
– While the penne is cooking season the shrimp with salt and pepper and saute in a large skillet.
– Meanwhile heat marinara sauce and crushed red pepper in a saucepan. Cook sauce stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
– In a medium size bowl add the Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce and mix well. Pour the yogurt mixture into the saucepan with the rest of the marinara sauce.
– In a large bowl, pour sauce over the drained penne. Add basil, Parmesan cheese and shrimp. Mix well.
– Optional: Sprinkle with additional cheese