Back to Top
- 1 C. flour
- 1/4 C. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 C. milk
- 1 egg
- 1- 21 oz. can fruit pie filling (apple, cherry, peach, blueberry, blackberry, etc.)
- Sugar (or cinnamon-sugar)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, shortening, milk and egg. Beat well. Pour batter into a well greased 9″ pie plate.
- Pour pie filling into center of batter (to 1″ of edge). Sprinkle with sugar (if apple or peach is used, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar). Do not stir.
- Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until brown and dough is done.