° 1 chicken of 1.2 kg raised on corn
° 1 slice of 100 g lean bacon
° 6 carrots
° 2 onions studded with 1 clove
° 2 c. chopped fresh tarragon
° 2 cubes of chicken stock
° 50 g of flour
° 1 c. cornflour
° 50 g of softened butter
° salt, freshly ground pepper
- Mix the butter with the flour, when the mixture is homogeneous, add 1 tbsp. tarragon tablespoon. Salt and pepper the chicken inside and out.
- Put the handled butter inside the chicken and sew the openings. Place the chicken and the slice of bacon in a casserole dish.
- Mix the 2 cubes of chicken stock with 1 liter of water.
- Pare carrots & cut them into slices.
- Add them along with the onions around the chicken and pour in the broth halfway up. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer 50 min. Remove the chicken and bacon from the casserole dish and keep them warm.
- Cut an onion
- Filter the sauce, pour it into a saucepan and reduce by half. Stir in the cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp. of cold water.
- Heat while turning until boiling and immediately remove from heat, then mix with the sauce the rest of tarragon. Serve the chicken cut into pieces, surrounded by the carrots and bacon, diced and drizzled with the sauce.