French toast gets rolled up with classic cannoli flavors in this fun brunch recipe.
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
16 slices home-style white bread, crusts removed
1/4 cup milk
2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
How to make
- STEP 1Combine all filling ingredients in bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- STEP 2Flatten bread slices with rolling pin. Spread 1 tablespoon filling over each bread slice, to 1/2 inch from sides and to 1 inch at top. Roll up bread slices, starting from bottom.
- STEP 3Whisk milk, eggs and cinnamon together in shallow bowl or pie pan until combined.
- STEP 4Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat until sizzling. Dip 4 bread rolls in egg mixture; place into skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, 3 minutes or until lightly browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining butter and bread rolls, wiping out skillet between batches.
- STEP 5Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Serve immediately.