- 1 (18.25 oz.) package super moist yellow or butter pecan cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup praline pecans, finely chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup praline pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º F and grease a standard bundt pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk cinnamon into cake mix.
- Beat in water, vegetable and eggs until batter is smooth and everything is incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together swirl ingredients (pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon) until combined.
- Pour 1/2 cake batter into greased bundt pan, then sprinkle brown sugar pecan mixture evenly over batter. Spoon remaining 1/2 batter gently over the brown sugar filling until no more remains.
- Place cake in oven and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare icing: in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, butter and milk together and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until thickened, then remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract, then set aside and let cool.
- Drizzle over cooled bundt cake and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Let set and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cookies and Cups