Back to Top
- 4 cups Bisquick mix
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
- 2 Tablespoons butter melted
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, Combine Bisquick, buttermilk and sugar in a bowl using a fork. Mix just until all combined to create a dough.
- In a medium bowl, Combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nuts in separate bowl. Add 2 tablespoons melted butter and stir to moisten. Set aside.
- Generously flour rolling surface.I know it seems like a lot but trust me, this is a sticky dough. Turn dough out onto surface and start patting into a rectangular shape with your hand. Flour your hand well also.
- Use a rolling pin to thin dough to about 1/2 inch thickness. Do not over-roll, the dough will stick.
- Once rolled out, pour 3/4 cup melted butter over entire surface then spread with pastry brush to even out and get to the edges.
- Sprinkle sugar/nut mixture over butter.
- Start rolling dough from long end.
- Slice into 1 inch to 1/2 inch slices. I used dental floss to slice mine. It really does work, without mushing the pastry.
- Transfer slices to a well greased (sprayed) 9 x 13 pan. I used a spatula to make it easier.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes, util just golden brown on tops.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until desired consistency and drizzle over topped of rolls.