- 3 large EGGS
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2/3 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Vegetable oil
- Beat eggs and sugar together and then add the milk slowly–beat. Add the dry ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into a funnel and at the same time, use your finger to plug the hole. In a large cast iron pot, add 2 inches of oil to the bottom.
- When the oil becomes hot, move your hand over the pot and slowly release your finger so the batter can start cooking.
- Move the funnel around to make designs.
- Brown on both sides–then immediately remove and drain extremely well.
- Top with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.