- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 1 jar (26 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (2 oz)
- 2 2/3 cups uncooked penne pasta (8 oz)
- Spray 2- to 3-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In small shallow bowl, beat egg until foamy. In separate shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Dip chicken into egg, then coat evenly with bread crumb mixture; place in cooker. Spread pasta sauce evenly over chicken.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours.
- Sprinkle Italian cheese blend over top. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 10 minutes longer. Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Serve chicken with pasta.