Back to Top
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 lb fresh beef brisket (not corned beef)
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup low-sodium beef, chicken or vegetable broth or water
- Mix in small bowl brown sugar, chipotle chili powder, celery salt, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spray with cooking spray inside of 6-quart slow cooker. Place brisket in slow cooker and rub mixture all over brisket.
- In another small bowl, mix 3/4 cup of the ketchup, onion, the apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over brisket along with broth.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting six to eight hours until meat thermometer inserted in center of brisket reads 160°F.
- Transfer brisket to cutting board; let stand for 10 minutes. Meantime, add remaining 3/4 cup ketchup to sauce in slow cooker; stir to combine.
- Slice brisket thinly; place in serving plate. Spoon sauce over top.