- 1½ cups cooked chicken breast, skinless and diced
- 3½ cups cooked brown rice, you can use about 1 cup rawBasmati brown rice
- 1½ tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup frozen peas, unthawed
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil or canola oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 egg whites
- 2 scallions for garnish (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
1. Add canola oil in a large nonstick pan or nonstick wok and preheat over medium-high heat. Mix in cooked chicken and scallions and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
2. Add the broken frozen peas, cooked rice, celery, and soy sauce. Cook for around 3 minutes until heated through, stir softly to coat all ingredients. Move rice mixture to the sides of pan or wok. Add egg whites to the center of wok. Cook while stirring about 1 minute or until the egg whites are fully cooked. Mix together eggs and rice mixture. Pour sesame oil, a bit black pepper and then stir fry ingredients all together.
3. You can serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in a refrigerator during the next 2 days.